Saturday, June 16, 2012

Say Hello to Toxic-free Mascaras!

Yay for me! I am a toxic-free mascara convert as of today. I hesitantly yet refreshingly threw out my last tube of mainstream chemical ridden mascara this afternoon and am now left with 3 non-toxic options in my makeup drawer. I figured I'd save my favorite for last, so in reverse order, here are my 3 current non-toxic mascara options.



#3. Jane Iredale Longest Lash Thickening Mascara. This was the priciest one, I believe it is $33. Looking back, I am laughing at myself for paying $33 for mascara. I totally fell for the sea minerals conditioning aspect. It does lengthen, but thicken it does not. It also comes in a soft tube, which I am not crazy about for mascaras.  Out of the three, it is the most natural looking... by natural meaning I can go without mascara and barely tell the diff. Sorry :( I love Jane Iredale products, but not this one. Jane does have a few less expensive mascara options that I will give a go next purchase.




#2. Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara. This is another lash boosting mascara hybrid. (Love the fact that I am conditioning my lashes while looking pretty :). Overall, the effect of this mascara is the most dramatic out of the three. I would label this one as the Dior Show of non-toxic mascaras. The only thing is the formula is on the dry side, so it probably won't last long. It's the most inexpensive and convenient option ($9.99 at drugstores). They also have other organic formulas to choose from. Overall, I would definitely repurchase this brand, and love the thick voluminous brush and ergonomic design.



#1. Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara. I love that I got this as a free sample and it turned out to be my favorite mascara. My all time favorite mascara before becoming a natural beauty convert was Chanel Intimitable... I can now sleep at night knowing that I have found a comparable non-toxic option: clean wand, high pigment, thickening, lengthening, build-able. LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment