Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Julep - How long will it last?

I've decided to do a time lapse blog on a few of my favorite non-toxic nail polish brands to see which brand will last the longest! I will continually upload photos of my nails and will continue until I feel they are too chipped and remove the color. We will see who lasts the longest at the end! I am going to do this experiment with Julep, Zoya, Deborah Lippman, RGB, and Acquarella.

 I'll first start with Julep. I purchased their Oprah's Favorite Things a dozen shades set recently (below). Some of them are classics, and a few are unexpected shades I would normally stray away from but actually am surprised at how lovely these off beat shades actually look! Julep does a great job at this, since they have a creamy texture to many of their darker shades, it subdues the boldness which makes them very wearable. 




The color I am wearing right now is Amy. I used 2 coats of color on bare nail (no base or top coat). I then used one drop on each nail of their quick dry formula, which I love because it contains Vitamin E and Lavender Oil which nourishes the nail bed.



         
             


        
                                                                        (Day One)




                                                (Day 3 - chip on middle finger and pinkie)



  
Day 4-  My nails were too chipped, so instead of removing the polish, I did one touch up coat.  I will do this on all brands one time if needed to try and stretch to a full week

Day 6 - Even though I applied a re-coat, my middle finger managed to chip... a little disappointed, had hoped Julep would last until day 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment